05 December 2009

Once again making money

I've been quite absent from the blogosphere lately due to employment.  It is wonderful and terrible and scary but relieving.  I spent three months learning how to prepare taxes in preparation to be a tax professional, I interviewed for the seasonal position, and then I was offered the job.  Then, I was offered another  job instead, with the same company.  A regional coordinator of receptists, basically.  A traveling manager.  Still seasonal, but with more pay.  You all know my aims in regard to debt.  You all know how badly I've been needing some income.  So I took it!

I interviewed again for that position, was told I'd have to do one more interview with the regional director, and then left for home, 45 minutes away.  I got halfway home and they called and told me to come back, I was hired, and could I work for the rest of the day.  Nevermind how I felt unprepared or nervous or unqualified to be the manager of anything.  I spent the rest of the day in a shocked, bewildered, stressed, overwhelmed, frightened, hungry tizzy because, really, any place that deals with deadlines, taxes, and seasonal employees is just  big blur of crazy business.  And no one really seems to eat lunch.  I was thrown to the wolves so to speak. 

I have a lot of things to learn, a lot of things to do, and a lot of people to impress.  My work is far from home, I'll be driving all over the state, and working very long hours.  I'm used to living a very different life than this.  I've never done anything quite so demanding before and honestly, my beginning military training seemed a little less intimidating.  With that, I was trained properly and told what to expect.  Now, I have no idea what I'm supposed to really do, when or what's honestly expected of me.  I'm told I make my own schedule, but do I leave at 5pm or do I stay until 9pm like everyone else?  This is weird.

Well...I'll handle it.  It's just so different from the life I've grown accustomed to.  It'll only last for 4 or 5 months and then I'll be back to normal.  My schedule is very up in the air now, so who knows when I'll be blogging.  Or if I'll even be able to think about blogging.  Trying not to make mistakes and trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing has been occupying all my thoughts for the past four days...no real room for creativity.  It makes me sad.  But I know it's for a purpose.  I know someday, my husband and I are going to be standing at our front door with mail in hand, looking at each other, and smiling.  Because our mail is just magazines and utility bills.  No more debt.  Just freedom.  And all this will have been worth it.

In the midst of this job craziness, my husband's job has changed as well.  He works for a company that sends outsourced I.T. support to clients, and my husband, an outsourced I.T. support guy, had his client unexpectedly cancel their contract as of January...who knows why.  He'll be going back to his company office.  He could get reassigned anywhere...it's still up in the air.  Unfortunately, we also found out through testing this week, that he has carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and needs surgery on the right hand immediately.  He'll be down for 2 to 3 weeks and I'm really wishing I could be home to take care of him then.

Soo.....lots and lots of changes.  I've also been doing really, really well with my etsy shop, considering it's new and I haven't done extensive advertising.  I'm so grateful because, honestly, that's what I really love and that's what I'd like to do once our debt is paid. 

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with all my regular blog stops...I just haven't had time.  But I will again someday!  Have a great weekend everyone.  : )

No comments: